Our University has 20 years of experience in delivering courses in Spanish as a Foreign Language and 15 years as an Examination Centre for the Instituto Cervantes DELE (Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language).
From the very beginning we have received students through various exchange programs (ERASMUS, AVERROES, etc) and through signed agreements with many universities in different countries.
On all of our courses, we have many students from diverse cultural backgrounds, each with different learning aims and objectives and it is our aim to respond to these objectives accordingly.
ELE Course Characteristics
- Our courses have been designed to comply with the guidelines set out by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and follow the directives of the Instituto Cervantes Curricular Plan.
- Furthermore, we have been accredited by the Department of Spanish Philology and by the Academic Board of the University of the Balearic Islands (UIB). For this reason, we can award University Credits on successful completion of our courses.
ELE Course Structure
- All of our courses are taught in line with the 6 levels corresponding to the CEFR (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2)
- Before commencing each course, a Placement Test is performed.
- Classes are taught by professional teachers and graduates of Spanish Philology who have completed the appropriate training courses to teach or who have been awarded a Master’s Degree.
- Classes have a maximum of 15 students
- At the end of the course, there is a (voluntary) examination and if a pass is achieved, you will be awarded an official certificate with the corresponding course credits. If you do not take or do not pass the examination, you will be awarded a certificate of attendance. In order to obtain this, you must attend at least 80% of the classes.
- Our courses can also serve as preparation for the examinations set by the Instituto Cervantes in order to obtain a DELE qualification. The UIB is an Examination Centre.